Tuesday, November 9, 2010

This Post is About Ice Cream Sandwiches. Sort Of.




Over the course of this blog (which I started in 2005!!), I've gone back and forth with regards to what, if any, personal things to post here. I've always shared some things of course, but I would like to start posting more about things going on in my life! I can't make any promises or guarantees about how much I'll be doing this, but suffice it to say, there will be more of it.

So welcome to my world, Internet!

This past weekend, I spent some time in Palm Springs for a wedding and to meet with/hang out with one of my favorite client families. The wedding was absolutely incredible, and I was quite impressed with the level of detail and though that they put into things. I know that it had a lot to do with the bride. At the rehearsal dinner, they had a vintage, custom ice-cream sandwich truck come (Coolhaus, I love you!), and I was informed that there were even edible wrappers! Since I'm responsible for shooting all details, it seemed necessary to order a chocolate chip cookie sandwich with dirty mint chip ice cream. You know, to shoot the wrapper:



Which brings me to what happened after: I took that ice cream sandwich and a box of cold fried chicken right back to the Ace Hotel where I was staying, and I got cozy in bed with them. Of course, I would have rather had Jeff with me, but the ice cream sandwich and fried chicken told me to hush up and move on. Since they were there with me and he wasn't, I had to oblige! Sorry Jeff, don't be jealous.

It occurred to me that eventually when Jeff and I have a real baby instead of our furry Acey Puppy, I might not be able to lounge uninterrupted in a hip hotel snacking on fried food and delicious treats on a whim. So I decided to not think of the immediate effects but of the potential future regrets I might have when I might long for the days when such things were possible.

Here's a photo of a really cute baby from the wedding on Saturday:






Hoodman







View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment