Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Judith & Mike's Maternity Photos

Tue. January 18, 2011   |   peopleOne of the things I LOVE about being a wedding photographer is getting involved in the lives of my brides and grooms!  Not much makes me happier than when I get a call from a past couple or friend of a couple to ask me if I would photograph something else for them.  Most often, the next thing I get to shoot for a couple is a maternity session!
Judith and Mike were married in June of last year on a gorgeous day--you can check out the photos HERE.  They had already dated for many years, so as they jetted off to Italy for their honeymoon and some R&R, they decided to let the fate of their future family take its course, and now they're expecting a new little one in a few months!
We decided on a morning shoot for this session.  I'd been wanting to shoot in the morning at one of my favorite parks for some time, and even though it meant getting up early and a long drive, Judith & Mike obliged.  I"m so glad we did--we found some beautiful light and spots to photograph them as they wait (mostly) patiently for their baby girl!
They are just so excited and sweet together:They brought along a little picnic:Judith asked me what to wear for this shoot, and I told her a solid dress and bright accessories--the girl sure does know how to take a hint!  I LOVED the teal and red Judith chose:As much fun as weddings are, I have to say, there's such a different kind of energy and joy around expecting couples:They will be wonderful parents, I'm sure:I think that dads have a special bond with babies, especially baby girls:So much nice light that morning!A few clean portraits:Judith's dress--don't be jealous ladies--she actually wore it on her honeymoon and it still fits!I wonder what she's saying in there...Just some cuteness:I always try to shoot some belly shots!It's so important for couples to value one another and put each other first, even with the arrival of a baby.  These guys do this well:Sweetness for baby girl:Pregnant women are really beautiful, especially when they are comfortable with their changing bodies!  Judith is, and I'm so glad I was able to capture this time for her (and future daughter):One more...my favorite:Judith and Mike, GOOD LUCK with everything!  I can't wait to meet the new little one, and share here with all you readers out there :)

View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment